Every Monday morning on campus, in a small corner room at the end of a long, dimly lit hallway, several professors and members of the administration come together for a time of prayer.
In the meeting, one person takes to the grease board to record our “praise reports” as well as “petitions.” On one side, we chronicle answered prayers, the seminary’s success stories and items for which the proper response is thanksgiving to God. On the other side we record our prayer requests. These are petitions to God for the seminary’s needs and future projects.
I must say that seeing the weekly snapshot of the seminary’s successes, needs and strategic aspirations is quite inspiring. Thus, I thought I would share aspects of that snapshot with you in order that you might also be inspired to give thanks or say a prayer on our behalf.
We give thanks to the Lord for…
- Students returning from winter break and time with their families
- The arrival of two new professors to our staff along with their families
- The approval of SBC’s university accreditation for 7 more years
- The Secretary of Education’s renewal of SBC’s extension program
- For the record number of students to our newly launched (fully accredited) virtual program
Join us in praying for the following items…
- Healing and care for a professor whose cancer has returned
- Our 70th anniversary celebration as a theological institute
- Two grant proposals to fix a major humidity problem in the library
- A joint masters program that is being developed between SBC and Fuller Seminary in Pasadena, California
- Additional scholarships for our students
- For one of our students’ whose baby was born premature