On February 15, 2014, Comunidad Cristo Rey (Christ the King Church) was born. Along with several Colombian families and students, we are working together to establish a new community of Christ followers and worshippers.
Initially, we are focusing on a worship service –one in which the entire community participates at some level. Eventually we hope to add a youth group, mid-week bible studies and more intentional evangelistic efforts.
A brief look:
- Worship time on Saturday evenings in the chapel on campus.
- Web presence: Comunidad Cristo Rey and Facebook Page
- Two Biblical Seminary of Colombia (BSC) interns each dedicating 5 hoursperweek in addition to preaching one Sunday per month
- Following a two year liturgical calendar with weekly communion observance and reading of the prescribed scriptures
- Time of prayer ministry in small groups
- Extended greeting and passing of the peace
- Purposeful rotational participation in scripture reading, special music, preaching, teaching, communion administration, congregational prayer, children’s teaching, and various acts of service.