Julian Zuluaga always has a smile and an encouraging word. He’s a 4th year student and is so thankful to be able to participant with CCR in a meaningful way.
Manual Ramos is a 4th year student and is married to the lovely Loida Barbosa. Their son, Miguel Angel, is an amazing 2 year old.
How wonderful it has been to worship the Lord with our new small community on Saturday nights. We have several new people joining us on a regular basis and we have visitors most Saturdays.
One of our hopes for the church is that it will naturally be a place to develop leaders. To that end, we are privileged to have two of our students at the BSC on our leadership team. Both are heavily involved in the planning and administration of our Saturday Night worship service and in our strategic plans for growing the church. They also fulfill many pastoral functions which include regular preaching and teaching, discipleship and visitations. We are so grateful for their commitment to the Lord and for taking on the responsibilities for co-leading our new church plant.
On February 15, 2014, Comunidad Cristo Rey (Christ the King Church) was born. Along with several Colombian families and students, we are working together to establish a new community of Christ followers and worshippers.
Initially, we are focusing on a worship service –one in which the entire community participates at some level. Eventually we hope to add a youth group, mid-week bible studies and more intentional evangelistic efforts.
A brief look:
- Worship time on Saturday evenings in the chapel on campus.
- Web presence: Comunidad Cristo Rey and Facebook Page
- Two Biblical Seminary of Colombia (BSC) interns each dedicating 5 hoursperweek in addition to preaching one Sunday per month
- Following a two year liturgical calendar with weekly communion observance and reading of the prescribed scriptures
- Time of prayer ministry in small groups
- Extended greeting and passing of the peace
- Purposeful rotational participation in scripture reading, special music, preaching, teaching, communion administration, congregational prayer, children’s teaching, and various acts of service.
We are thankful to the Lord for our inaugural worship service.